Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Sydney Trip Part I - The Blue Mountains

I have to split my blog into probably 3 parts or even 4 since I really have a lot to say after the 4 days 3 nights trip to Sydney.
The very first day when we arrived Sydney, we didn't do much. We sorted our plans properly, which was joining a tour to the Blue mountains the following day.
Early in the morning, everyone (mom, sister, brother and I) woke up quite early because we were very excited over the trip to the Blue mountains.
There was an "APT coach" picking us up at our Darling Harbour Holiday Inn to Star City Hotel where many other coaches were located.
We hopped onto one of the coaches which was heading towards the Blue Mountains.



Yup this is the Bus... TV - 3922

To my surprise, I saw a very very young, good-looking guy greeting us there. He was our driver for the day and he is really skilled in driving such a big coach. Well, I didn't dare to be too direct, asking him to take a photo with me, so I took a picture of his reflection secretly.

Leura - 1st stop. A petit town.

Christmas Cottage in Leura. For your information, people celebrate Christmas in June, July and August here, which is called the Yulefest.

Some time later, I found a small church in this small town. How should I describe it? Erm... definitely not those modern churches. More like those churches that Jesselyn was talking about - "churches with cross"...

Next stop. The Echo Point. You can scream till your lungs out just to wait for your echo here. It was a SUPER windy day, I doubt anyone heard their own echoes.

A few steps away from the echo point, we can see "The Three Sisters"...
Why is it called "The Three Sisters"?
According to the Legend, the three sisters fell into the valley where they got chased by a "bunny". An evil creature. The father who heard their screams climbed all the way down to rescue them. As he had a "magic wand", he turned 3 of them into rocks so that the bunny wouldn't eat them.
Obviously, the spell succeeded.
But why didn't the sisters turn back to human after the bunny left them?
Think!
If the 3 sisters turned into rocks, who does the bunny chase after? The Father!
The Father pointed the wand at himself and he then turned into a bird.
Oh well, this story was being told by our driver. There might be some modifications here and there from the actual story.

Yup! A better picture of The Three Sisters.










To be continue with the Scenic World and Koala Park...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home