Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to Serene and Sister-in-law

I wanna blog. Wanna blog after clinical exercise test, 8th May 2006. But I was too busy. Not busy sleeping but busy celebrating sis-in-law's birthday at Morpeth. I sacrificed my studying time for sis-in-law's birthday cake. Yes! I'm the one making her cake. Although it was just a cake mix, I have to beat the filling manually since I do not have an electric beater. That took me really long since I put in all my effort, my love & my sincerity! What to do? She is my "sister-in-law" afterall!
Right after my 5~6pm class, I cycled all the way back & dashed into the bathroom to take my beauty bath. We, Jesselyn, Serene, Jun Shi & I, has already planned to leave our place at around 7.30pm to Morpeth; I'm already lagging behind time and I really have to do things fast. To my surprise, Kimberly, Yee Man & Xin Yeng were going as well... so, 7 of us walked together using the main road. (Uh uh uh! No shortcuts! It's safer this way..) Not to forget to mention, it was a terribly cold night.
I was also a bit blur leading the way. It's really embarrassing to mention that I brought them the wrong way, even though I'm Morpeth "regular customer"!! What to do? It's so dark! I turned in one street before Acacia Avenue. =p
BUT! The road meets somewhere connecting to the Acacia Avenue, so...
As well entered Morpeth House, the Launae Street ppl has already arrived.
We were very excited about the food and everyone couldn't wait for dinner!
First of all, we sang 4 different languages of "Happy Birthday" songs - English, Chinese, Malay & Cantonese, then we had sis-in-law cutting "my" cake.
Alright, 23 of us just ATTACK~~~~~~~~~

"Wow! Serene, your pork is very nice!!"
"Wah~~ Wen Ya, your pasta is good!!"
"Jesselyn's chicken is sooo tender!!"
Everyone started complimenting on the delicious foods!

"Dai Lou, Dai Lou!! Your fried rice is good!" I pointed at the fried rice and told Dai Lou.
"Really?" He replied without looking at where I was pointing.
"Yup..." continue pointing.
"Eh? Cindy, that's not my fried rice!!" He screamed when he saw my finger pointing towards another pot of fried rice.
"Oops..."
"That's mine!!" Sze Yee shouted.
"Ok then, Sze Yee your fried rice is good."

Sorry Dai Lou, I can't eat your fried rice, you know why...
Next time don't cook spicy seafood fried rice!!

"Cindy, the cheese cake is good!!" <--- sis-in-law & others "Cindy, how come your cheese cake stick to the pan?" <--- Edison! "Eh, Cindy the cheese cake very rich." <--- also Edison, while stealing the whole pab away. "I want somemore." "How did you make the cake?" Well, I was so happy that everyone likes it, especially sister-in-law! Yea, 'coz she is the main character today. Everything we do has to be based on her flavours. After dinner, we had a few photo shots session & proceeded to the card game - "Mafia". Just in case you don't know how to play the game.... 3 cards are picked as the power card.
In our game: J, Q, K
J = Spy/Detective
Q = Doctor/Healer
K = Mafia/Killer
Other cards: Civilians
We can have only one J and one Q but we can have many K's depending on the size of the group.
Cards are being shuffled and distributed. Each person can only glance at the card once. Remember your own roles.
One Narrater starting telling the whole group of people to go to sleep. When narrator tells the Killer to wake up, he opens his eyes and decide who he wants to kill. After deciding, the narrater will tell the killer to go to sleep and wake the healer up. Healer will decide who he wanted to heal and goes back to sleep. Finally, the narrater wakes the spy and he has to guess who the killer is. The narrater is able to tell him either yes or no. Then he will go back to sleep again.
Narrater will then wake everyone up and tell whether there was a murder or not. If so, the players have to nominate at least 2 people and vote who is the suspected killer. If the killer was not found, the game continues until there is no more civilians left.

Yup, that's what we did during sis-in-law's birthday and poor sis-in-law was always the 1st one being killed in the game.


Back to 6th May 2006, Serene's Birthday. It was a Saturday and that is when the Bara Room 112, 121 & 310 are having dinner together. The night before, my dear roommate and I spent hours on the dessert that we will be serving. We of course invited friends from Evatt's House, Edwards Hall & Bara Room 206 residents.
Before Serene coming into my room, we swtiched off the lights and lit the candle on her cake. She was indeed surprised when she saw us.

Dish 1 - Curry Chicken
Credit goes to Kimberly & probably Cindy?? LOLz!!

Dish 2 - Cinnamon cake
Credit goes to the boys.

Dish 3 - mixed vege
Credit goes to Jun Shi & the birthday girl.

Dish 4 - apple crumble
Credit goes to Yee Man & Xin Yeng.

Dish 5 - 麻吉
Credit goes to Tian Mun.

Dish 6 - Sausage
Credit goes to Sexy Hu.

Dish 7 - fried vege
Credit goes to Sexy Hu again.

Dish 8 - Nutella 饅頭
Credit goes to Shook Hui.

Dish 9 - 西米露
Credit goes to Cindy & Shook Hui.

Dish 10 - not a dish... Ribena
Credit goes to Cindy. =p


Anyway the food was fabulous, no one has the time to chit chat.
Just ATTACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gosh!! Everything was so nice so delicious.
I'm gonna put on weight for sure.
BUT!!!
This day is INTERNATIONAL NO DIET DAY!!
NO DIET!! Eat all you can!!

After the dinner, we had game sessions!
We played 7-level pig and mafia.

Now, proudly present our pigs.

Round 1

Congratulations to Kimberly
7-level pig


Round 2

Congratulations to Yee Man
7-level pig

&

Xin Yeng
6-level pig

Proudly present Cindy & Sexy Hu are 0-level pig in Round 2.


Hmm... guess that's all for now! Once again, Happy Birthday to Serene and sis-in-law!! "Belated" Birthday.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     
  • At 4:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I found a bag and belongings to this girl called Serene Na Sze Yee living at serangoon ave 2 in a cab at 1.10 am on 06sept08.. i googled it and found this blog. if the serene name or Sze Yee name mentioned in this blog is her, please contact me at 94874862.

     
  • At 4:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I found a bag and belongings to this girl called Serene Na Sze Yee living at serangoon ave 2 in a cab at 1.10 am on 06sept08.. i googled it and found this blog. if the serene name or Sze Yee name mentioned in this blog is her, please contact me at 94874862.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home