Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

ESP vs FRA - 1:3

It's a shocking result... for me.
Spain did not make it to the quarter finals afterall.
I feel sad. Depressed. I thought they could.
Even if they couldn't make it to the semi-finals, I'm satisfied with it. 'coz they will be going against Brazil, the strongest team...
At least, there's something for me to do during the 2 weeks break if they made it.
Watching my favourite Goalkeeper - Casillas and skilled Forwards - Torres & Villa, putting all their efforts in their games, fighting for champion.
Now, they are being eliminated. What can I do during the holidays?
I have nothing to look forward to.
Screwed up semester exams, no Spain match to watch, no RO to play...
I fell hardly onto the ground mentally.

When Villa scored in his penalty, I was jumping around...
That is when my heart felt like flying up high into the sky~
But a few minutes before the first half ended, Ribery (FRA) scored for France.
That is when my heart felt like hanging in middle of nowhere.
*sigh*
I have to admit that France played well & I can see Spain putting their efforts in this game too. I like their sportmanship.
One thing I like about Spain, they get the least yellow cards among all!
This really show their personality!
Spain! I will be waiting for the next FIFA world cup in 2010.
See you again 4 years later.

I shall end this blog with the players' quotes...

RAUL (ESP)
It’s always a tremendous disappointment whenever you have to go home earlier than you wanted. France were the better side and although we tried, we didn’t have many chances to win the game, despite the fact we put everything into beating them.

We’re a young team and we need to learn from the good things we’ve done. There’s a lot of quality in this side and the future looks bright for the next few tournaments. I hope things go well at the 2008 European Championships because I think that will be my last championship.

Cesc FABREGAS (ESP)
We struggled out there and we couldn’t do anything about it. We started off well but that goal just before half-time hit us hard. I feel absolutely terrible because we’re going home as losers.

XABI ALONSO (ESP)
It was a great game while it was all-square. At the end we had to score but we just couldn’t manage it. We have to learn to compete and hang in there in tough matches.

We just have to accept it. We dominated the game in the first half but we switched off for a second and everything changed. We’re not happy and it hurts a lot right now, and we’ll need to improve for the European Championship. It’s so disappointing to be going home because we expected to be here for longer. We didn’t manage to keep our advantage intact for the second half or take the lead again and that was the key.

Iker CASILLAS (ESP)
That’s another World Cup gone, another major tournament we let slip away. We’ve thrown ourselves into every match, but we weren’t up to scratch today. We didn’t play as well as we did in our other games and I’m just sorry for the fans that we couldn’t make them happy.

Fernando TORRES (ESP)
We can go home with our heads held high because we’ve performed well and this is a young team with lots of quality. I’m sure the nucleus we have here can bring more joy to the fans at the next World Cup.

When we were 1-0 up we didn’t exploit the space available and that was the story of the game. It’s a strong Spain that went out tonight and although I suppose you could say it was the right result, it all feels a bit strange.

David VILLA (ESP)
It was a very even game and their equaliser affected us badly. We were all convinced we were going to win because of how we’d been playing. We really thought today was going to be a big day for Spain. I would have liked to have finished the game but the guys that came on did really well. This is just something we’ll have to learn from so we can improve. We’re very sad we came up against a great team who played a great game.

JOAQUIN (ESP)
We’ve got to look to the future. We’re down but life goes on and this generation is very young. We’ve got the European Championship and we’re going to keep on working hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home