Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hock Luck's 21st Birthday Party (Re-editted)

Reports! Argh!! After so many days of "not-enough-sleep", finally completed. Imagine a sleeping pig like me for not napping and sleep for only 8 hours for the past 48 hours...
Nevertheless, these aren't important and in fact not the main purpose of blogging too!

So, what is there for me to blog? It's a party in Morpeth, a Birthday Party in Morpeth for Hock Luck. It's not his birthday today but we've decided to celebrate earlier. Even Edison sacrificed his time with his girlfriend for Hock Luck. Of course he should! It's HL's 21st Birthday!!

I was told to cook honey lemon chicken. WHAT!?! Honey lemon chicken? I don't know how!! Honestly, I was really cracking my head, didn't know what to cook on this day. Since Jesselyn and sis-in-law suggested this, fine! I'll try doing it. It started with grocery on Thursday. Bought 2kg of chicken breast fillet. Oh, not to forget - lemons! Then I gotta wash, cut and mardinade the chicken while everybody elses are rushing their reports! And I'm one of those who hasn't finished!

On the day itself, I started preparing the food once I reached home from passing up the report. Can you imagine that took me 2 hours to finish deep frying those chopped chicken fillets? Furthermore, I've made a mess in the kitchen area. (Well, you know, deep frying stuff can really make a HUGE mess! Especially, the oily texture on the cooking utensil, the smell overwhelming my room.) Getting backache just by standing in front of the hot plate for 2 hours.

After all those preparations, we've gotta climb up the hill to Morpeth. Luckily the weather wasn't that cold. I was in fact very tired due to lack of sleep plus it's my most vulnerable day.

Sigh, what to do? It's Hock Luck's 21st Birthday. KEYWORD: 21st! Every person has only ONE 21st birthday and it's the day where one officially turns into a man/woman.

Was it a coincidence or was it fated? We invited many people but in the end, 21 turned up. 21 people celebrating HL's 21st Birthday? Cool!

What are the dishes?

  1. Vermont Curry & fried rice (By sis-in-law)
  2. Pasta (By Cheryl)
  3. Spring Roll (By Sze Yee & Ooi Min)
  4. Baked chicken (By Wen Ya)
  5. Faked Sharks Fin fried egg (By Jesselyn)
  6. Deep fried potato products (By Shook Hui & Tian Mun)
  7. Honey Lemon Chicken (By Cindy)
  8. Honey Soy chicken (By Woolworth??)
  9. Homemade birthday cake (By dai lou)
  10. Chips and drinks (By William, Edison and Mengkim)
  11. Curry (By Yee Man)


Erm, did I leave anything else out? There were a lot of SUPER NICE dishes! And everyone could not wait to dig in. Right after birthday songs and cutting cakes, everyone attacked as if they had not eaten for days! For me, this is the first meal of my day. 1st meal at 9pm??? Gosh, is this a breakfast for me?
Anyway, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the food, especially my honey lemon chicken. My very first time cooking this! OMG! I've given my first time to HL! No no no! To HL's 21st birthday! Heh!

Since Edison was asking what was my "secret recipe" in the "honey lemon sauce"...
I shall reveal it here...

  • full amount of patience
  • max limit of love
  • one life-time of waiting
  • a sincere heart

copyright reserved @ Cindy 2006.

Crap... this is so lame! I cannot believe that I actually make fun of myself for this... Back to serious business, the recipe was actually honey, lemon, water, sugar and Jesselyn's help.

Photo sessions were after the dinner. Hock Luck was just like a celebrity. What he has to do was just to sit at the same spot while everyone else line up one by one, waiting for their chance to take photo with this handsome.. er.. man?
We were suppose to play games after that, however, since time was running late, we called it a day. I shall end this blog with photos!


Hock Luck's 21st Birthday Cakes... Baked and Designed by Dai Lou



FOOD!




Group Photos where Edison, the cameraman, is missing... Shook Hui and Kwang Hong disappeared into the Balcony....



Taken with the Birthday Boy? Man?



Back Row: Cindy, Hock Luck
Front Row: Wen Ya, sis-in-law, Dai Lou




Lastly, Happy Birthday Hock Luck... eRm correct myself, "Happy Advance Birthday"!!
Not to forget, another birthday boy turning 21 this year on the 19th August 2006 - Pradeep!! Happy Birthday once again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home