Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Canberra Trip (Volume 2)

The schedule was packed on the 2nd day. Breakfast was at 8am and it's included in the trip. There wasn't much variety but I won't complain about it too. There was cereals, toast, spaghetti, baked beans, hashbrown... Had 4 slices of toast with butter, marmarlade and jam, 2 scoops of spaghetti, 1 scoop of baked beans, 3 slices of hashbrown, 3 cups of orange juice (1 was from Jess actually), hoping it would last until noon. I'm sure it would 'coz I don't usually eat so much for breakfast.

Floriade was the first stop. This is a Spring festival which last for 6 weeks if I'm not mistaken. Flowers bloom during spring and everything was simply awesome. Chris (the president of U.N.D.I.E.S) gave us 3 hours to wander around. The scent of the flower, the breeze, the sun, the clouds, the blue sky~ It's just like heaven!

Floriade - Those are real flowers!

Cindy & Jesselyn - That was when my camera battery went dead
Yellow Stars
Isn't this cute?
Back Home~ Malaysia



Picked out a few nice photos - This was what I meant by awesome flowers!


Lunch lunch lunch! Most of their stomach has already started growling by the end of the walk. As for me, I still feel bloated since I had so much for breakfast. We had our BBQ lunch in the Canberra-Nara Park. The view was once again SUPERB! I love it so much~ We did not have to set our own fire or BBQ by ourselves. Everything was settled by the U.N.D.I.E.S once we reached the park. What we did was just laze around, chill under the shade, waiting for the food. But we DID help to eat! XD!!
Canberra-Nara Park
U.N.D.I.E.S to our service

Gate of Friendship


Heh! Are you guys jealous of us? Isn't the scenery fantastic? Next, the next stop was the National Museum. On the way there, we passed by many Embassy. This includes the Chinese, German, Japanese, Thai, Greek, British, US, Malaysian and etc! Each of the building has its "taste of culture".

The Chinese Embassy
US embassy
Malaysian Embassy

Thai Embassy


National Museum... It was quite disappointing for me as there was not much to see. The Museum was huge, yet quite empty... The only special or apparent object was the roller coaster like decoration.



Of course, since there wasn't much to see, we did not stay long. The next destination was the Telecom Tower... The admission was AUD6 per person, but the ticket was included in our trip as well. So basically, we did not pay anything extra. It was 195.2m in height but comparing to "our" KL tower or KLCC, its just a shortie anyway.




What's next? The bus driver brought us back to the hostel. This resting time was "designed for" those caucasians who did not sleep well the previous night, most probably hang over and stuff. While chilling in the hostel, Jess and I started with the foosball. Kimberly and the professor from Bhutan joined too! It was Red vs Blue and we have been changing teams each round. We came to a conclusion that whoever teams up with professor loses, which is very true. =p I was contradicting myself by saying "Blue colour of Glory" when I was in the Blue team but then wanting to proof "Red colour of Glory" when in the Red team. All of our hands ache at the end of the game. That was terrible. I couldn't even push the door knob or even hold a cup on my right hand. It was fun though! Soon it was time for dinner. The dinner was held in a bar. Weird isn't it? Dinner in a bar, but yea. We've gotten 3 choices - Pasta, Fish & Chips and Chicken Schnitzel. The dinner was of course included in the AUD150 we've paid for the trip. Jess ordered chicken while I ordered Fish. Moreover, we get to have this wristband around our wrist as our "voucher" to get drinks with only AUD1!! Jesselyn ordered 2 bottles of Bacardi straight away saying, "This is SO cheap!!" She gave me one to try and I did. There, I gave my first time to Jesselyn. In the end I bought a glass of lemonade instead as I didn't like the taste of the lime flavoured Bacardi. It wasn't too bad I must say, but I'm just not used to it. Soon the food arrived. Everyone was starving. It seemed that our food was calling, "Eat me! Eat me!" My stomach just can't tolerate the temptation and started growling as if it was saying, "I wanna eat you and I will eat you!" Everyone showed a satisfied expression after consuming the meal but not Jess and I. Both of us agreed on the food was nice but not THAT nice. I was also quite shy to say I was still hungry when everyone felt full after the meal. XD!! Right after the meal, we did not want to stay for their so-called "happy hour" and therefore we went back to our accomodation by cab. Guess what? The cab we took was just like an ambulance! (That driver was a Malaysian!!)
The whatsoever long name bar where we had our dinner

The wristband that allows us to buy drinks for AUD1 only!



Bacardi - Lime, Raspberry and Pineapple

Lemonade

Cindy's first time

Fish & Chips

Pro Jess with "Whiskey"

Cindy Drunk!?!

When we reached the hostel, we had a few games of foosball before Kimberly, our roommate taught us how to play pool - how to arrange the balls, most of the rules and so on. Another first time given to Jess. We had our first match against each other and what should I say? Jess is so PRO! I nearly lost to her but I beat her in the end by luck. Ok, this shall conclude the 2nd day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home