Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Frustration

Those people who cut queue is a frustration to me, especially ADULTS! Kenny Sia blogged about those typical CHINA Chinese cutting queues basically everywhere in the world. In fact, they are PRO queue cutters.

Let me introduce another race of PRO queue cutters - Malays! Ok ok, not all Malays do that but I realised that many Malay families do so. Their tactics are more or less the same. They started lining up in the line, then one of their family members would walk towards the line and pretend to look at the menu board. Without letting the person in front of them notice, they just cut in. These "PRO queue cutters" are either kids, mothers or grandmas. Why suddenly blog about this you might ask. Well, this happened to me today which made me really sick of the no manners Malays. In Australia, I see kids intending to cut queues but their parents would stop them and apologise. My reaction is always a smile back & two words - "It's okay~" BUT I cannot tolerate the Malay parents seeing their kids cutting queue & act as if nothing happened. Eventually, cut queue with them. Hello? Are you kidding me? Encouraging your own kids to do such a LOW act? Even the adults themselves do so, how are they suppose to teach their kids? I know I can't conclude that ALL Malays do so, but what I see was that MOST of them DO.

Ok ok.. back to my story. I was lining up behind a Chinese guy, waiting to buy my mom's Vanilla Cone Sundae. The queue was long and the flow was slow. After a long wait, I was still far away from the server, waiting patiently. When I was getting closer and closer to the server, a Malay family lined up behind me. As I've mentioned above, typical Malay tactic, the mother went towards the cashier and stood beside the person being served, pretending to check out the menu board. She was happily waiting there while I was staring at her furiously. There were two thoughts in me after that.
  1. Let it be
  2. Tell her that she's wrong
After the Chinese guy in front of me was being served, the Malay lady immediately asked for her order. I picked 2. "Excuse me, I'm sorry but do you know that it's wrong to cut queues? The line goes that way." *Pointing to the direction behind me* At first, she gave excuses such as "I lined up here." So I replied, "But I'm sorry, I'm behind the guy. The line goes in that direction." The Malay lady got really embarrassed and kept quiet.

In my opinion, we should voice up for the right thing. Don't be shy! Let's just hope that the Malay lady does not cut queue anymore after today's incident. Although cutting queues might be a small matter, but think of it in another way. We sure want to leave a good impression to the others right? A small action such as cutting queues affects the impression of the locals to the foreigners. So... yea!

I didn't know how I gain that courage to point out the mistake to that lady. I usually let it be but have no idea why I voiced up this time... Maybe I just couldn't stand people doing the wrong thing again and again? Or maybe I learned to speak up as long as I know that I'm right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home