Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Anaesthetic overdose

I have sin. I'm in guilt. I killed a mouse. I know I did.

I was practising i.t. on them and the first mouse that went under my hand, died. I was learning how to inject the anaesthetic via the vein in the tail before performing i.t.
Somehow, I just couldn't get it right. I couldn't get the needle into the correct spot - vein. Instead, I kept on poking into their muscle. I must have poked a thousands of holes in its tail, yet I couldn't get it right. I must have injected too much anaesthetic in it which leads to death. As I have been injecting the anaesthetic in the wrong position, I need to refill the needle with sufficient anaesthetic again and again until I get to the correct spot. I must have repeated too many times that I couldn't even count with my ten fingers. The next moment I know, was that I finally got the anaesthetic in, and the mouse was sound asleep. It was so still as if it was dead. I cautiously infected it with spn via i.t and left it lying in the cage. Staring at it, hoping it would wake up from anaesthetic soon. But it did not. It was sleeping so peacefully, like a baby. So cute...
That all happened yesterday.

Until today.......
One mouse out of six died...
I am so sure that the mouse that died is definitely my first practise experimental model. I am so sure it died because of me. It must have died from anaesthetic overdose. I am so sorry mouse. I really am... I pity the mouse being my experimental model. It would not have died if other people did it. I am so sorry. Please rest in peace.

Life is so vulnerable. Really, cherish it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home