Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Haunting

I walked down to the kitchen, passing by the sorted mails.
What? That mail wasn't there early in the day!!
I picked it with a tremble, rubbing my eyes to confirm that it was mine by reading the name off it.
Tseng Hsin-Yi, candidate number 000506.
Yes, that's me.
I felt dizzy instantly as if I was drifting in the sea.
I feel so strengthless that couldn't stand up straight.

I know this day will come.
Not that soon, but soon enough to haunt me.
My mind went blank.
I dragged myself upstairs, into my room.

I put the mail on my desk and collapsed onto the chair.
Staring at it for a few minutes, I slowly opened my drawer and dug out a pair of scissors.
Butterflies! I felt butterflies in my stomach.
I took a deep breath and started cutting the edge of the envelop.
I put down the scissors and peeped into the envelop. It was just a thin piece of paper.

I was so nervous that I think I have forgotten how to breathe!
I pull out the paper cautiously.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I passed!
Passed the minimum requirement for IELTS.
I remembered taking IELTS 4 years ago. It was apparent that my English has greatly improved. Like I said, I'm not greedy... I don't want 8's or 9's, I'll be satisfied with a band of 7.0 for all components... and I did!

Who should I thank? Who should I thank? I was grateful that my writing result turned out well. Previously, I was very upset that I did not have enough words for my critical reasoning and I knew they would penalise me for that. But... it doesn't matter anymore. Because I have gotten what I wanted. I can do better and I know that. I'm greedy for a higher band but I should learn to be grateful for such a result.

The first person that come into my mind that I want to thank is...

*drum roll*

HL!

During exams, I'm always the pessimist and he gave me the confidence. I have been complaining to him that I did not prepare anything, didn't join any workshop, didn't have a good night rest and didn't even have breakfast on the day itself! The weather was terrible and my mood was totally down. After exams, I was mumbling on "if I could have more time", "I'm never going to make it", etc etc. Everytime when I say that, he will reply, "no problem one".

When KH and Sze Yee got their results, I got even more pessimistic because out of the 3, both of them seemed to be quite confident in the writing component. We had comparable results afterall. Is that because I have higher expectation on my performance or maybe I wasn't being penalised because I had enough words? I didn't count word by word because I'm already running out of time!

HL was even expecting me to get 9's!! When I told him my result was out, he asked," So how many 9's did you get?" Come on!! He really think I have to ability to get 9's. I wish loR...

Not only I want to thank him for his support, also being a topic that I could talk about during my speaking component - The person that I enjoy spending time with. Haha... I remember reading the newspaper saying that he benefits from other people's misfortune but the benefit that he gains can benefit the others too. I was complaining to him that I was so unfortunate that few weeks and that he must have benefited from me. But he said, I benefited from him too because he was my IELTS speaking topic. I guess he was right.


Finally, I got over my IELTS.

More things to haunt me, yet to come.

PS. Congratulations to Sze Yee, who did so well that she got a band of 9.0 for listening! Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home