Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Best Dinner

I had the best food in Newcastle tonight after so many months since my mom left. It was KH's graduation today, but I couldn't make it so I asked if we could have dinner tonight to celebrate for him. In the end, he invited us over to his place for dinner. We headed to his house after our lab. Thinking that we should get him something, we dropped by woolies to get a card and champagne to congratulate him for completing his degree.

KH's mom cooked a few dishes while Fritz prepared mashed potatoes. Speaking of Fritz, woah! I haven't seen him for like more than 1 month already. I have to admit, that was the best dinner in Newcastle after my mom left. After my mom left, we have been surviving on my terrible cooking or sometimes oven baked food. Sometimes, if I was lazy enough, either I'll just skip the meal or HL will be kind enough to cook (happens 2 out of 10 times).

Hold on!! I totally forgotten about Michelle's parent's nasi lemak and mee hoon gerh. They were fabulous too! Thanks auntie and uncle!!

Ok, back to tonight's dinner. I have to say that although we went Eastern Tiger for Buffet yesterday, I definitely ate more today!! Somehow the food in Eastern Tiger made my tummy bloated very fast and nothing special. Everything was very westernised. BUT, tonight's dinner was totally different. It was just like... how to describe... the feeling of home. 媽媽的味道...

The omelette, the chicken, the stirred-fried cabbages, stirred-fried cucumbers, stirred-fried chicken+broccoli... THEY ARE ALL SO NICE!! I'm homesick now. =( Not to mention, Fritz's mashed potatoes were always the best! Our dinner ended up with the four of us - Fritz, KH, HL and I - chit chatting while drinking the champagne that we bought. (Uncle and auntie didn't want to drink). I realised both KH's father and mother are so humourous!! They joke around a lot. I guess the behaviour of the kids reflect their parents. Hahaha!!



Random conversation of the night...
Yu Wooi , note this.

Fritz: My girlfriend said I should take it here too.
HL & Me: ...
HL & Me: Yu Wooi is it?/Your girlfriend not Yu Wooi meh?


Explanation: He was used to saying "My girlfriend..." "My girlfriend..." to the other people (because they don't know her).

Me: Well, it's ok. We know her, you can say Yu Wooi. Or else it sounds weird to us.


Hahaha... I know I'm so bo liao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home