Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Friday, January 09, 2009

Cheat

Gosh! This morning mom received a phone call from the so-called phone company, saying that we have not paid our phone bill. My mom was very surprised because we have been paying the phone bill regularly so she followed the instructions and pressed "9" into operator. A stupid female operator answered the call and somehow my mom has been talking to her for like 10 minutes. In the end my mom hang up the phone with anger because she felt that it's the well-known 電話詐騙. A while later my auntie came over to my house and told us that she received that phone call before. She even talked to that operator for ages before she realised that she was being cheated. It's like after you follow their intructions by pressing "9", they will start charging you for the phone call.

My mom was very worried because she gave the fake phone company her name, her mobile number, etc. She immediately called the genuine phone company and told the operator what had happened. Thank goodness those information that she gave to the fake phone company wasn't very complete and mom was smart enough to hang up the phone before the stupid operator asked further questions.

Speaking of those phone calls, my relatives have received many of those before. For example, one of my auntie has received a phone call from her "son" saying that he was involved in some accident and was in the hospital. She was so worried that she grabbed her handbag and just when she was about to rush to the hospital, she realised that it was pretty weird. What was her son doing outside school during school hours? She calmed down and called the school. The form teacher said he was still in school, totally fine. Only then she know that she was being cheated.

Another story was my cousin who received a phone call that was asking for my mom. As you know, we have been staying in Malaysia for the past almost 20 years, who will actually call my mom back in Taiwan? He was like going on and on about some bills that my mom has not paid. My cousin straight away knew that it was just another prank call, so he just pretend to listen to what the other party was saying. He said it was bloody funny, especially the other party was talking in a very serious manner.

*Sigh* Now we got to be even more alert! There are just too many con man everywhere!!


PS. Don't be jealous. I went to the hot spring today! It was totally awesome!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home