Cinderella ~ My Fairy Tale ~

I'm perfect because God made me!

Monday, January 05, 2009

Guilt

I got involved in a car accident yesterday afternoon while I was driving to my maternal grandmother's house. I was driving at the speed of 70kmph and sort of slowed down to perhaps 40 or 30kmph when I was at a so-called T-junction. It's not a proper T-junction as the traffic light was only blinking yellow light - a warning light for me to slow down and take note of in coming cars.

There was one van turing left at the far left lane so I drove to the far right lane, heading straight. Suddenly an old man riding a motorbike rushed in WITHOUT looking!! Well, he rushed into the left lane first. Instead of sliding in slowly, he immediately horizontally ride onto my lane. Take note: Horizontally. I couldn't react fast enough and collided into him. I actually did step on the brake but the tragedy was unavoidable.

I was so scared. Mom rushed down to take a look at the old man. Thank goodness, as I was driving at low speed, that old man only had a minor cut on his right foot. The left handle of his motorbike was a bit broken. Mom said luckily I was driving at low speed and the old man only had a minor cut or else I will be in big trouble.

A witness came over to help too. We were quite thankful as the witness saw what actually happened. It was the old man's fault for rushing out without looking and I was going straight! In fact, it was more like he collided into our car instead of we collided into his bike. Though it wasn't entirely my fault, I felt very guilty. *sigh*

I have no courage to drive anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home